This month’s Local Food Promotion winner is…
Nadine Peters… and her local high bush cranberry chutney recipe!
6 cups high bush cranberries
1.5 tsp celery salt
1.5 tsp sea salt
1.5 tsp cinnamon
0.5 tsp pepper
2 cups sugar
1.5 tsp allspice
0.5 cups water
1.5 cups finely chopped onions
1 cup cider vinegar
1.5 tsp ground cloves
- Cook cranberries in water till soft
- Food process till seeds are incorporated
- Add onions, vinegar, sugar and spices (I also add diced dried apricots to my recipe)
- Boil till mixture thickens
- Immediately pour into into sterilized canning jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace
- Wipe jar rims and cover with lids
- Process for 10 minutes in boiling water bath
- You can also pour directly into mason jars, put lids on and let cool, then place mason jars in the freezer.
Serve on toast, as a side, or just eat it with a spoon!
Tags: February 20 2019, Nadine Peters