- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 cups sliced crimini mushrooms (about 2, 227 g containers)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup baby spinach
- 2 slices pumpernickel bread, toasted
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat, and when the butter has melted add just the whites of the sliced green onions. When onions have softened season with salt and pepper and add sliced mushrooms. Cook stirring often until mushrooms have released their liquid and begun to brown, about 6 minutes. Turn heat to low and add heavy cream, continue to cook until the cream has been absorbed, about another 3 minutes. Taste for seasoning and adjust as necessary.
- Place each slice of toasted bread on a plate, then divide spinach between them. Top each one with mushrooms then liberally garnish with sliced green onion tops.
Skillet with mushrooms, onions, and butter
Mushrooms cooking in butter