This mango avocado salsa recipe is a blend of both salsa and guacamole recipes with the addition of fresh diced mango.
- 3 medium avocados (ripe)
- 2 small mangoes (ripe)
- ¼ cup diced red onion (roughly ¼ of a small onion)
- 2 fresh garlic cloves
- ⅓ cup diced cilantro
- 1 lemon
- 1 small tomato
- ½ tsp salt
- Make sure your avocados and mangoes are fresh and ripe before you make this recipe.
- Cut your avocados in half. Remove the pits and squeeze the flesh out into a large bowl. Using a fork, mash up the avocado until it is mostly smooth.
- Cut your mangoes and remove the pits. Dice up the mango and add it to the bowl.
- Dice up the onion, garlic and cilantro. Add them to the bowl.
- Cut your lemon in half and squeeze the juice into a small dish, making sure to remove the seeds before pouring into the bowl.
- Add salt and mix everything together thoroughly.
- Keep your mango avocado salsa in the fridge until ready to serve, and serve as quickly as possible after you make the dish. Avocados tend to brown quite quickly.
If you can’t find ripe and ready avocados, you can also buy frozen avocado chunks and thaw them on the counter ahead of time.
If you can’t find a ripe mango, you can also buy frozen mango chunks and thaw them on the counter ahead of time.
Instead of using red onion, you can swap it out for white onion, shallots, green onions or chives.
Instead of using fresh garlic cloves, you can swap it out for ½ tsp of garlic powder.
instead of fresh cilantro, you can also swap it out for 1 tsp of dried cilantro.
Instead of using a fresh lemon, you can also use a lime. Or you can buy bottled lemon or lime juice. Look for the most natural and least processed one you can find.
Make this recipe keto/low carb:
Reduce the amount of mango in this recipe, or omit it altogether.
Makes roughly 6 servings
Carbohydrates: 19.3 g
Sugars: 12.5 g
Protein: 2.5 g
Total fat: 11 g
Fiber: 5.3 g
Looking for more healthy recipes and meal plans?
If you are looking for more healthy recipes and meal plans, check out my premade meal plans and recipe books (which come with 140 recipes for breakfasts, lunches, dinners, snacks & desserts).
I also provide fully customized meal plans that are unique to your specific health needs, as well as one-on-one health coaching and professional grade supplements.
Show me your feel good food!
If you try my recipe, feel free to post a picture of the dish to Instagram and tag me at @foodsnfeels