Galettes are a cross between a pie and a pizza. They come together super fast and have a lovely, rustic appearance that’s perfect for a holiday party. If you’re not the type of person who has lots of pie crust stashed in your fridge, try grabbing some sheets of puff pastry from the freezer section instead.
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 small bunch green onions, sliced
- 1 ½ lbs. mixed mushrooms, sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 recipe pie dough
- Set oven at 400℉. Melt butter in a skillet over high heat. When melted, add the scallions and the mushrooms. Cook, stirring often, until the mushrooms have released all their liquid and are browned, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Roll out pastry and place on a lined baking sheet. Top pastry with mushroom mixture and carefully fold the edges of the pastry over the filling.
- Place in the oven and bake until golden brown, about 30 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Having different cuts on the mushrooms can add some nice texture