Roasted vegetables may seem a bit of a cold weather food, but if you serve them at room temperature with a garlicky aioli they are perfect alongside grilled meat, or added as an element of a charcuterie board.
- 1 kg brussels sprouts, quartered
- 1 ¼ cup olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Toss brussels sprouts with ¼ cup olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper, place in a 425 degree oven and cook until browned, about 20 minutes. Remove and let cool to room temperature.
- In a bowl whisk together egg yolk, garlic, and mustard until yolk has lightened in colour. Slowly whisk in remaining olive oil while whisking constantly. Make sure that the oil is being evenly incorporated and not pooling. If oil starts to pool, stop adding oil and continue whisking until oil is incorporated. Season aioli with salt and pepper.
- Serve roasted brussels sprouts and aioli at room temperature as a snack or a side.
Quartered brussels sprouts
Roasted brussels sprouts
Aioli being whisked