Yukon Milk Pudding
- 750ml Sunnyside Farm milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 vanilla pod, scraped
- 3 packet Knox gelatine
- 1/2 cup whipping cream, whipped to soft peak
Local Saskatoon Berry Compote:
- 2 cups Saskatoon berry
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 orange, juice and zested
- 7g pectin
- 1L water
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla concentrate
- 1/2 cup Demerara sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Fresh local honeycomb
- Nasturtium leaves and flowers
- 1. Place gelatine in a bowl with one cup of cold milk, and mix thoroughly with a whisk.
- 2. With the 2 cups of remaining milk, heat in a pot with scraped vanilla pod and sugar, ensuring
- to stir frequently, bring to a boil, and immediately remove from heat.
- 3. Pour the boiled milk over top of the cold milk and gelatin mixture, slowly whisking to
- incorporate both together.
- 4. Strain the liquid through a mesh sieve, and let rest until it is cool to the touch.
- 5. Once the liquid is cool, fold in the whipped cream, and ensure is fully mixed.
- 6. Divide into your selected dishes or ramekins, and set over night.
Local Saskatoon Berry Jam:
- 1. Wash your fresh, foraged Saskatoon berries under warm water, then strain and pat dry.
- 2. Mix water, berries, zest and juice of orange.
- 3. Bring to a slow simmer in a heavy based pot.
- 4. Mix pectin and sugar together and cook for 30 minutes, or until desired consistency.
- 5. Remove from heat, put into heat proof container, add the orange zest and set aside.
- 1. Melt butter and add oats, sugar and vanilla. 2. Mix the rest of the ingredients, bake at 170 ̊C
- until golden and crispy.
On top of the pudding put a spoon of Saskatoon berry jam, a spoon of crumble, a dollop of
honeycomb and garnish with 1 or 2 nasturtium leafs.