Vegetable pancakes are a perfect side dish for grilled meat and fish, and can make a nice change from a tray of roasted veg or salad.
You could dress these up with a poached egg, or a couple slices of smoked salmon for a veggie-heavy brunch.
- Large drizzle of olive oil
- 1 broccoli crown, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp flour
- Heat a large drizzle of olive oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. When oil is shimmering, add chopped broccoli, garlic and oregano. Cook until broccoli is soft, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat while you make the pancake batter.
- Whisk together eggs, greek yogurt and flour until smooth. Add cooked broccoli and toss until broccoli is fully coated. Return pan to heat and add another drizzle of olive oil. When the oil is shimmering add the batter by the ¼ cup, cook for 2 minutes and flip. Cook until both sides are brown then repeat with remaining batter. Serve with more greek yogurt and a sprinkle of chili flakes.
Toasting a pancake