Chicken a la king
4 ounce medium noodles
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
16-oz can Carnation evaporated milk
1 tsp salt
1-1/2 cups shredded Velveeta cheese
2 cups of diced chicken
1 cup celery slices
1/2 cup diced green peppers
1 cup slivered blanched almonds ( toasted)
- Cook the noodles in boiling salted water until tender. Drain and form a nest in greased 2 qt. Casserole dish. Mix soup, milk, salt and heat, stirring constantly.
- Add cheese and stir until melted.
- Add all remaining ingredients (except 1/2 cup almonds) and pour over noodles.
- Add 1 cup buttered bread crumbs and remaining almonds.
- Bake, uncovered, in oven at 400 F for about 1/2 hour. Enjoy!
Homemade sweet and sour chicken
1 large pack chicken wings
1 tsp oil
1 egg cornstarch
1 tsp water
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 can jellied cranberry sauce
2 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 cup vinegar
- Cut tips from chicken wings and separate wings and drummies.
- Mix egg, water and oil together, then roll in cornstarch.
- Deep fry in a frying pan until the chicken coating is crispy.
- Dissolve cranberry sauce on the stove.
- Add remaining ingredients. Bring sauce to a boil for 5 minutes, then pour over chicken and bake at 350 F for 30 to 45 minutes.
Mom’s Parmesan chicken
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup Italian dressing
1/3 cup bread crumbs
1 egg, slightly beaten
2 tbsp parsley flakes
1/4 cup water
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
- Marinate chicken in Italian dressing for 3 to 4 hours in the fridge, turning every hour.
- Take out of fridge and combine the egg with water. Dip chicken pieces in egg.
- Combine the Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, parsley flakes, and salt and pepper in a plastic bag.
- Shake the chicken in a bag and place on a 9×13-inch ungreased glass pan.
- Bake at 325 F for approximately 45 to 50 minutes, till golden brown. Excellent with tossed salad and pasta.
In-house pineapple chicken
1 lb chicken breast, skinned and cubed
1 small can pineapple chunks
1 tsp cornstarch
2 bell peppers, 1 green and 1 red, cut in strips
Ground ginger oil
1 garlic clove
1 tsp cornstarch dissolved in 2 tsp water
- Mix first tbsp of cornstarch with pepper, ginger, garlic and 1 tsp soy sauce.
- Drench chicken pieces in it. Fry chicken in oil until done.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice.
- Simmer bell peppers and pineapple approximately 5 minutes, then set aside.
- Mix the cornstarch and water with 2 tsp soy sauce and pineapple juice. Add sauce to chicken and stir until thick.
- Add pineapple and peppers and serve on rice.
One pan potatoes and chicken Dijon
4 medium potatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 lb boned and skinned chicken breasts, sliced 1/2-inch thick
1/4 cup prepared honey Dijon barbecue sauce
1 tsp dried tarragon
- Microwave potatoes for about 8 to 10 minutes, until tender.
- While potatoes cook, toss chicken in a large skillet brown in oil over high heat for 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes, saute and toss until potatoes are lightly browned.
- Add barbecue sauce and tarragon. Toss until heated through. Serves 4.
Chicken breast Milano
Boneless chicken breasts
3/4 cup melted butter
2-1/2 cups stuffing
1/4 tsp garlic salt
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp dry mustard
1/4 cup parsley flakes
3/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp salt
- Mix stuffing, Parmesan cheese, parsley and salt. Set aside.
- Mix butter, garlic salt, mustard and Worcestershire sauce in a bowl. Dip chicken breast in butter mixture, then coat with stuffing mixture.
- Roll up, fasten with toothpicks and place in a buttered baking dish.
- Pour remaining butter over top. Cover with foil and bake at 325 F to 350 F for 1 hour.
- Remove foil and bake for another 20 minutes.