Corn pancakes walk that perfect line between sweet and savoury, and this recipe is filled with pantry staples and makes an equally satisfying meal and side dish, along with grilled or roasted meats. I love to serve these cakes with sliced scallions and syrup (corn syrup is delicious!), but maple and bacon would also be fantastic.
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 cup corn, frozen or canned (both work well)
- Oil (or butter), for cooking
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and a pinch of salt. In a second bowl, whisk together eggs and cream. Combine wet and dry ingredients, then fold in the corn.
- In a frying pan, heat a large drizzle of oil over medium-high heat, until shimmering, then add batter by the 1/4 cup. Cook until brown, then flip and cook until brown and fully cooked (about 5 minutes).
- Serve with sliced scallions and drizzled with syrup.