- Olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 8 anchovies, divided
- 1 small bunch parsley, chopped
- 6 Tbsp butter, cubed and divided
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ package linguine, cooked to package directions
- Juice and zest of ½ lemon
- Heat a large drizzle of olive oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat, then add onion, garlic, 4 chopped anchovies and half the chopped parsley. Cook, stirring often until onion is soft. When the onion is soft, add 3 tbsp of butter. Once the butter has melted, add the bread crumbs and parsley (reserve 1 tbsp for garnish) and cook until bread crumbs are toasted and brown, then remove from heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook pasta according to directions, then add to bread crumb mixture and return to medium-high heat. Add remaining cubed butter and toss with pasta until butter is melted. Adjust seasoning if necessary and serve topped with remaining anchovies and parsley, as well as lemon zest and a squeeze of lemon juice.
Add the hot pasta and toss to coat