- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 tsp canola oil, divided
- 0.15 kg skinless salmon filet
- 1 tbsp honey
- ¼ tsp red chili flakes
- 3 tortillas, to serve
- Sliced green onions, to serve
- Heat the broiler to high. Place sliced red onion in an oven-safe pan then drizzle with 1 tsp canola oil and season to taste with salt. Place under the broiler for 7 minutes.
- Season the salmon with salt. Mix together honey and red chili flakes. Rub the salmon with the chili honey. When the onions have begun to soft and brown of the edges (about 7 minutes), remove from the oven and place salmon on top of the onions. Place back under the broiler for an additional 7 minutes.
- When the salmon is cool enough to touch, shred it into chunks and serve the salmon and red onions tucked into tortillas topped with green onions and hot sauce.
Salmon filet seasoned with salt
Red onion, salmon and chili honey
Salmon before it goes under the broiler