- Drizzle of vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 0.5kg ground turkey
- 11/2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoons red chili flakes
- Salt, to taste
- Rice, or noodles - to serve
- Sliced green onions, to garnish
- Heat the vegetable oil over medium high heat until simmering, add the ginger, garlic and onion and cook until fragrant - about 4 minutes. Add the coconut milk and sugar and let come to a simmer while you mix the meatballs.
- In a bowl mix together turkey, turmeric, chili flakes and salt until all the ingredients are evenly incorporated. Using a spoon drop meatball sized balls of turkey (about 1 heaping tablespoon is a nice size) and let simmer in the coconut milk for 15 minutes. Leave the pot uncovered so that the liquid thickens and reduces. Serve with rice or noodles topped with slieced green onions (or mint, or cilantro, or basil - whatever you have!)
The ground turmeric turns these meatballs a lovely orange colour!
Simmer in coconut milk