Cucumber, feta, mint, and red onion salad
Crispy cucumber salads are ideal alongside any sort of grilled meat. Salting the cucumbers is key if you’re making this salad a bit ahead of time and don’t want to end up with a watery mess.
- 2 cucumbers, thinly sliced on the bias
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 200 grams chopped feta
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced mint
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Large drizzle olive oil
- Toss cucumber with a large pinch of salt and let sit in a colander to drain for an hour. Sprinkle the chopped onion with salt and let drain on a paper towel. After an hour gently dry the cucumber with a clean dish towel.
- In a bowl combine feta, red onion, and mint and gently toss together. Add cucumbers lemon juice and toss again, drizzle salad with olive oil and adjust seasoning as necessary.
Ready to toss