Roasted Beet and Carrot Salad With Pear and Hemp Heart Dressing
- 2 carrots, cubed
- 2 beets, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup plus 1 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 pear, chopped
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp hemp hearts
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Honey, to taste (optional)
- Baby arugula, to garnish
- 1 Tbsp chopped nuts
- Set oven at 425℉, toss beets and carrots in 1 tablespoon olive oil and season, to taste, with salt and pepper, then roast for 20 minutes or until soft. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- In a blender, combine remaining olive oil, chopped pear, apple cider vinegar and hemp hearts, and blend until smooth. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper and honey, if desired.
- Arrange arugula on a plate and top with roasted beets and carrots, drizzle with pear dressing and top with nuts.