- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp grated ginger
- 1 Tbsp grated garlic
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil, divided
- 1 inside round roast steak (about 1 lb), coarsely chopped
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 lime, quartered
- Chopped cilantro, to garnish
- Chopped scallions, to garnish
- Sesame seeds, to garnish
- Kewpie mayo, to garnish
- In a bowl, combine soy sauce, ginger, garlic, honey and 1 tsp of toasted sesame oil. Mix until combined. Toss chopped steak in the marinade and let sit at least 15 minutes, but ideally overnight.
- In a large skillet, heat remaining sesame oil over high heat until smoking, then add the marinated steak. Cook, tossing often until the steak reaches desired doneness, about 5 minutes for medium rare. Remove from the skillet and let rest 5 minutes.
- Divide chopped lettuce between two plates. Top each plate with steak and any accumulated juices. Squeeze ¼ lime over each plate, then top steak with chopped cilantro, scallions, and sesame seeds. Drizzle with mayo and serve each salad with remaining lime wedge.
Sear your steak