- 1 ⅕ quarts chicken stock
- Salt, to taste
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- Sliced green onions, to garnish
- Bring stock to a simmer and taste for salt, adding more if necessary. Add sesame oil and soy sauce and whisk until well combined.
- When stock is simmering, slowly drizzle the beaten egg mixture into simmering stock whisking constantly while you drizzle.
- Once all the egg is added let stay over heat for 1 minute then remove from heat and let sit for 3-4 minutes.
- Whisk again, then ladle into bowls and top with sliced green onion.
For anyone out there who lovingly simmers chicken bones to make a perfect giggly stock, use it here. Everyone else can give it a try with a store bought stock, but make sure to taste often for seasoning and possibly pull back the soy sauce. Packaged stock tends to be on the salty side.
Make sure the eggs and other ingredients are really well whisked