RULES AND REQUIREMENTS:
• All entries must have writer’s name accompany the submission.
• Poems are disqualifi ed if they have been previously published
• Poems submitted will be published on the What’s Up Yukon website and some will be selected for What’s Up Yukon’s printed issues. If you do not wish for your story to be published in either of these formats please do not enter the contest.
• Photo submissions must include a photo credit and the same rules apply on submission as poems.
• Part-time and full-time employees of What’s Up Yukon, are not permitted to submit entries. Freelance writers are not employees of What’s Up Yukon.
• What’s Up Yukon reserves the right to not publish submissions.
• Rules, Prize Details and Judging Criteria will be on What’s Up Yukon’s website: whatsupyukon.com
• All Prizes are as awarded and have no cash value.
• Air North Grand Prize details 1 – Canada150 Hudson Bay Pass for the winner + 1 other to travel YXY YOW up until Mar 2018. Here is the link with full details about this limited edition pass: http://flyairnorth.com/AirPasses/Canada150Series.aspx. Prize will be awarded to the name of poem submitter only. The winner will be open to book their travel based on availability at time of booking. They will required to pay 5% GST on the pass.
• Grand Prize Parliament Tour and possible Prime Minister meeting must be arranged with MP Larry Bagnell well in advance. Please no unexpected visits. Booking time ahead will allow Larry to ensure you have a memorable visit to Parliament.
CONTEST JUDGING CRITERIA:
CREATIVITY: (1-30 Points)
How well does the author utilize topic choice?
How well does writer demonstrate an effective command of vocabulary?
Communicated thoughts, expression and ideas.
WRITING, GRAMMAR & SPELLING: (1-20 Points)
Maximum 200 words
SUBJECT: (1-20 Points)
Did the author keep to their subject?
Has the writer taken a unique perspective?
SOCIAL MEDIA: (1-10 Points)
We can measure Sharing and likes if creator tags #WhatsUpYukon in: Twitter, Facebook, Google Plus or comments on our website. Measurement can be more easily calculated through shares from the Whatsupyukon.com website. A point will be allotted for every three shares
GRAPHIC/PHOTO – TO ACCOMPANY POEM (1-10 Points)
Photos must have photographer credit. Photos need to be 5×7 at 300dpi and be no bigger than 2MB. It should have a long dimension of at least 1000 pixels and no more than 3000 pixels. Files must be saved as a JPEG or TIFF with maximum quality.
POEM IDENTITY: (5 Points)
Correctly Identify the type of poetry chosen.
FOLLOWING SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS: (5 Points)
TOTAL SCORE: _______/100