A tall glass of Christmas treat: Gingerbread protein smoothie
- 1 cup eggnog (or milk of choice!)
- 1/2 tbsp molasses
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup oat flour (or 2 tbsp of cashew or almond butter)
- 1 scoop of collagen powder (or vanilla protein powder)
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch of ground ginger
- 1/2 to 1 cup of ice cubes (optional, to thicken and chill)
- Put all of the wet ingredients into your blender or food processor.
- Add your dry ingredients on top as they tend to stick to the sides of the blender if you put the dry ingredients in first.
- Lastly, add your ice cubes on top.
- Blend thoroughly and enjoy!
Carbs: 52 g
Fat: 10 g
Protein: 15 g
Christmas is coming and with it, all the gingerbread-flavoured things! So next time you’ve got a hankering for gingerbread cookies, try this delicious protein smoothie recipe.
On my website, I offer a healthy holiday cookbook which comes with 50 recipes that you can use this season!
- meat dishes (such as roasted chicken, pork roast, roasted duck)
- vegetable side dishes (such as cranberry sauce, stuffing, gravy, parsnip and sweet potato mash, scalloped sweet potatoes)
- snack and appetizer foods (such as spiced nuts, baked brie, cheese plates)
- desserts (such as gingerbread brownies and cookies, rice pudding, dark chocolate turtles, pecan pie squares)
All the recipes in this cookbook focus on whole, minimally processed and nutrient dense foods.
Eat delicious food and still feel good about your choices this holiday season!
Go to www.foodsandfeels.com > shop > healthy holiday recipe book to purchase. If you have any questions, email me at [email protected].
Looking for more healthy and delicious holiday recipes?