- 1 bunch asparagus (ideally the thin, tender ones)
- 8 strips bacon
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Remove the tough, woody ends of the asparagus. Collect the asparagus into bundles of three or four and wrap tightly with bacon. Secure each bundle with a skewer so that the skewer pierces each end of the strip of bacon. Mix together balsamic and olive oil.
- Build a fire and let it burn down until you have a few flames and a solid bed of coals. Place grill over coals and let the grill heat up for a few minutes.
- Place the asparagus bundles on the grill and cook, turning often, until the bacon starts to brown. Once the bundles start to brown, brush with the oil/vinegar mixture and continue to cook for 1–2 minutes. Remove from grill and season with salt and pepper.
The skewer doesn’t need to go through the asparagus, as long as the bacon is tightly wrapped.