The holiday season is all about eating and drinking and sharing time with people you love. While spending all day fussing over a massive feast has its time and place, having a couple of quick recipes that you can pull together quickly, after a busy day spent shopping or sledding or snowshoeing, is really handy.
- 10 slices thick-cut bacon
- 5 white button mushrooms
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped or grated
- Chopped parsley, to garnish
- Set oven at 450℉. Slice mushrooms in half and wrap each half in 1 slice of bacon. Place wrapped mushrooms in a cast iron skillet and roast in the oven until the bacon is brown and crisp, about 18 to 20 minutes.
- While the mushrooms are cooking, combine maple syrup and garlic in a small pot and bring to a simmer. Cook until thickened and reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and reserve the glaze.
- Once the bacon is crisp, remove from the oven and spoon the glaze over each mushroom. Place back in the oven for 5 minutes, then serve hot, garnished with chopped parsley.
Chop or grate the garlic as fine as possible