Holidays are coming, and having a few simple crowd-pleasing recipes ready to roll will help out anyone who is in charge of feeding the crowd. These are also delicious at room temperature, so the leftovers are a great addition to a fancy salad or a healthy sandwich.
- 4 large carrots, peeled and sliced lengthwise into quarters
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Set oven at 400℉. Toss carrots with olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper. Place in a lined baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes. While the carrots are roasting, combine maple syrup and garlic in a small pot and place over low heat for 10 minutes.
- After the carrots have been in the oven for 20 minutes, remove and pour the maple mixture over the carrots. Place back in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and adjust seasoning if necessary.