- 2 oz gin
- ¾ oz lemon juice
- ½ oz crème de cassis (if you don’t have this, then a raspberry liqueur like Chambord would be a lovely substitute, or Grand Marnier for a hint of orange)
- ¼ oz simple syrup (1:1 white sugar to water, made as per the instructions for the ginger syrup, but just with sugar and water)
- 5 drops FPJ Cranberry Bitters
- 1 egg white (may be omitted)
- Fresh blackberries, black currants or a lemon twist
Combine liquid ingredients in a cocktail shaker with NO ICE; dry shake, to emulsify the egg white. Add ice, and shake again to chill the contents. Strain into a cocktail glass or a coupe. Garnish with fresh berries if available, or a lemon twist.
*A few notes on alcohol consumption: these cocktails are strong, and they should be consumed in moderation; one serving of spirits is 1 ½ oz, so the Quarantini is actually the equivalent of 2 drinks; a good rule of thumb is to have a glass of water for every alcoholic beverage. Cheers!