Creamed broccoli is simple and satisfying, as well as easy on the stomach and the wallet. This is perfect for those days you’re not feeling anything other than something simple and satisfying.
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 cups milk
- ¼ cup cream cheese
- 1 cup dried elbow macaroni
- Salt and pepper
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter and cook the garlic until just soft but not quite brown.
- Add the broccoli and cook until just beginning to soften but still quite crisp, about 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour over the broccoli and stir until the broccoli is coated.
- Add the milk and stir constantly until the sauce has thickened.
- Add cream cheese and whisk until smooth.
- Cook pasta according to package directions then fold into sauce, season to taste with salt and pepper.
Broccoli and garlic
Toss the broccoli with flour