- 4 salmon steaks
- 1 cup seasoned flour
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Oven should be preheated to 350 F.
- Season steaks and dredge in flour.
- The oil should be heated in a large pan over a medium heat.
- Add the steaks and cook for no more than 4 minutes on each side. Remove fish and place in a pan.
- Continue cooking for another 6 minutes.
- When done, place steaks on a platter and keep warm.
- Add peppers and onions to a frying pan and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
If you want more fish recipes, I wrote a small booklet for the Yukon Fish and Game Association. It has some great trout recipes, as well as some fine batters to go along with the fish. I understand they still have a limited number left. The Association is located at 509 Strickland St. in Whitehorse.