- MEAT BALLS
- 4 ounces heavy cream
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 onion, grated on the largest holes of a box grater
- 3 lbs ground meat
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp finely chopped onion
- 1 can whole peeled tomatoes
- Set oven at 400 degrees. In a large bowl, mix together heavy cream, breadcrumbs, parsley, oregano, rosemary, red pepper flakes and grated onion. Mix until well combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add ground meat to the heavy cream mixture and mix until evenly incorporated. Form the meatball mixture into balls about 2 ½ inches in diameter. Place in a cast iron skillet. Roast the meat balls for 15 minutes, or until cooked through. While the meatballs are cooking, prepare the sauce.
- In a small pot, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the whole peeled tomatoes to the pot, squishing each tomato with your hands. Bring to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- When the meatballs are cooked, pour the sauce over the meatballs.
4 submarine sandwich rolls, 2 cups grated cheese
Heat your broiler, slice the rolls open and stuff each roll with meatballs. Top with cheese. Place under the broiler until the cheese is melted. Serve immediately.