Let’s just get this cleared up right away. Poutine is a national treasure. There is no dish so beloved, so exalted throughout this nation as poutine.
- 800 gram package tater tots
- 4 caribou sausages
- 1 Tbsp plus 2 tsp green curry paste
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups chicken stock
- 1 cup shredded nacho cheese
- Sliced green onions, to garnish
- In a large cast iron pan over medium high heat add the crumbles caribou sausage and cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Add curry paste and stir until sausage is coated with curry, then add flour and stir to fully coat the sausage as well. Pour chicken stock in pan and stir constantly until liquid is simmering and thickened, about 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper and keep warm.
- Cook tater tots according to package directions, and while still hot place them on a large plate, top with cheese, followed by currywurst gravy then top with scallions. Serve hot with lots of beer.