These cold noodles can do no wrong—they’re a great light dinner and a great way to use up leftover pasta. They can also sit a few days in the fridge, making them a great make-ahead lunch to take to work or go picnicking with.
Weeknight Sesame Peanut Noodles
- 2 Tbsp (heaping) peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- Salt, to taste
- 3 cups cooked pasta (long noodles are best, spaghetti or fettuccine are both great)
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- Toasted sesame seeds, to garnish
- Chili oil, to garnish
- Mix together peanut butter, ginger and sesame oil, with enough warm water to loosen it. Season to taste, with salt, and pour over cooked pasta. Taste again and adjust seasoning, to taste.
- Toss half the sliced cucumber with the dressed pasta, then divide between 2 bowls. Top each bowl with remaining cucumber and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and chili oil, if desired.